Our Cook for Two segment is finally back!!!
I am a huge fan of vegetables of all kinds. I’m not a vegetarian but I will happily eat an all-veggie meal every once in a while. Hence why I am so excited about this new recipe I found. While I have not yet tried these zucchini and carrot “fries,” I can’t wait to throw them in the oven this Sunday and see if they live up to the hype. Below is the recipe I found through Pinterest.
1. Preheat oven to 220 C/425 F
2. Cut your veg into 8-cm/3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
4. SEASON – go with the usual salt&pepper and branch out to one or two of the following (Choose Your Own Adventure-style): paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever takes your fancy and suits your meal. Using premixed spice blends is a great option too – Italian, Mexican, Old Bay – you know, just not all at once.
Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and the herbs and spices.
5. Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
If you try the recipe be sure to comment below and let us know how they turned out for you!
Link to full page: Voracious Veggie